We Will Start Dispatching these Around the Middle of November
Bare Root, our mature 3 year old dwarf fruit trees are great for growing in containers and perfect for the smaller garden, or any situation where you require a compact, high yielding fruit tree. The trees are grown on an dwarf rootstock (see the size chart above), and have been designed to remain small while producing a high yield of fruit, similar to much larger trees.
Prunus insititia 'Merryweather'
'Merryweather' is a compact tree producing beautiful culinary damson. In spring the tree has white flowers followed by delicious dark blue fruit in late summer. This is a self-fertile variety producing a heavy crop of fruit.
Planting InstructionsPlanting and growing fruit trees is easy, if you follow these simple steps:
When planting Fruit Trees DO NOT:
- Dig a hole slightly larger than the roots.
- Carefully remove any pot (if supplied potted), do not disturb the soil around the roots (Skip this step if supplied bare root)
- Place the plant in the hole you have dug and carefully fill the soil around the plant, gently firm down the soil.
- Keep plants watered well, the soil must not be allowed to dry out and should always be moist/damp.
- There is no need to use stakes or canes to support the plant, unless the planting location is very exposed
- Do not use any type of fertiliser when planting, this can damage the young roots
- Do not steep the plant in water for a prolonged time prior to planting
- Do not allow the plants to dry out after planting